Press release : More than 60 Academics ready to dialogue with visitors to the Paris International Agricultural Show 2017
For the first time since its creation in 1761, the Académie d’Agriculture de France participates to the International Agricultural Show, to be held in Paris, Porte de Versailles, from 25 February to 5 March 2017.
The aim of this initiative is to give concrete expression to its slogan “a passion: to know, an ambition: to convey” to the public and also to the stakeholders and decision-makers in the agriculture, food and environment industries.
The rapid acceleration of scientific knowledge and technological advances is raising more and more questions to society. This is even amplified by the alarmist discourse that generates concerns and fears. In this context, the Académie d’Agriculture de France “A melting pot of various scientific disciplines, resulting from the extraordinary pattern of knowledge and experience of its members”, has an essential role to play as a forum for debates and proposals.
That is why more than 60 academics will debate and share this year at the International Agricultural Show in Paris, on the concerns of society in terms of food and health, the various uses of nature, the quality of landscapes, safeguarding biodiversity, animal welfare … in areas as diverse as:
- The Professionals’ Village” (Stand 1 P 030),
- “La Ferme digitale” (Stand 4 B 063),
- “The Agora of INRA” (Stand 4 B 081),
- “The Selection Organization of the Bretonne Pie-Noir” (1 E 017).
Many Academics will also engage in intergenerational dialogues every day on “The AgroParisTech stand – French Academy of Agriculture” (4 B 131).
The International Agricultural Show will also be an opportunity for the Academy to:
- launch its “Prize for Scientific Information” Contest at a press briefing to be held on Monday, February 27 at 12:30 in the Salon’s Press Room (Pavilion 4),
- Present a lecture on “The modernization of Chinese agriculture”, Wednesday, March 1 at 4:30 pm, meeting room at the Club d’Affaires (Allée L, Pavilion 1).
The content of many of these will also be available in the Academy’s Social Networks pages: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
Press contact: Philippe KIM-BONBLED, Tel: 06 81 42 16 56