2004 Moscow, Russia, 3. GA
The third UEAA General Assambly associated with the 75th anniversary of the Russian Academy of Agriculture (RAAS)
New elected UEAA President: Acad. Ghennady ROMANENKO, President of RAAS
SESSION OF GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION OF EUROPEAN ACADEMIES FOR SCIENCES APPLIED TO AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND NATURE AND RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES ON THE PROBLEM “GENETIC RESOURCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY”
24-25 JUNE 2004
MOSCOW – ST. PETERSBURG
24 June, Thursday, 9.30 a.m.
Plenary session of the General Assembly of the Union of European Academies for Science applied to Agriculture, Food and Nature and the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
The House of Science of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences
G. Romanenko – President of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- J.-M. Boussard – President of the Union of European Academies for Sciences applied to Agriculture, Food and Nature.
- Ecological and genetic bases for the forming of crop adaptive potential.
A. Juchenko – Vice-president of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- The global dimension of science and technology for agriculture : needs, chances and risks for sustainability and poverty reduction.
J. Von Braun, director of International Food Policy Research Institute.
- Genetic resources of farm animals in Russia.
V. Fisinin – First vice-president of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- The creation and prospects of use of genetically modified farm animals, which are the producers of pharmacological proteins.
G. Brem – Professor of Munchen University (Germany).
- Food biotechnology and food safety.
I. Rogov – Rector of Moscow state university of food biotechnology.
- ERA-neetwork on Plant Genomics.
Willem Stiekema – Director of the Center for Biosystems Genomics of Wageningen University and Research Center.
- Genetic resources of microorganisms and agricultural systems.
I. Tikhonovich – Director of All-Russian Research Institute of Agricultural Microbiology.
25 June, Friday, 11.00 a.m.
Round table A “Genetic resources and biotechnology in plant growing”, St. Petersburg, Vavilov Research Institute of Plant Growing
The chairmen of the round table : A. Juchenko, A. Atanasov (Bulgaria), V. Dragavtsev
- Genetic resources of plants and the ways of food increasing on the Earth.
V. Dragavtsev – director of Vavilov All-Russian Research Institute of Plant Growing.
- A. Atanasov – director of AgroBioInstitute (Bulgaria).
- Introduction and selective breeding of vegetables with high content of biologically active compounds and antioxidants.
V. Pivovarov – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Selection and Seed Growing of Vegetables.
- M.V. Montagu – the head of the Laboratory of Genetics, University of Ghent (Belgium).
- Genetic resources of seed-fruit plants and their use in selective breeding.
N. Savelyev – director of Michurin All-Russian Research Institute of Genetics and Selection of Fruit Plants.
- G. Khush (India) – Visiting Scientist, University of California, USA.
- Medecine plants and phytocompounds : the present and the future.
V. Bykov – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Medicine and Aromatic Plants.
- P. Gresshoff (USA) – director of ARC Center of Excellence for Integrative Legume Research, University of Queensland, Australia.
Round table “Genetic resources and biotechnology in animal breeding”, St. Petersburg, All-Russian Institut of animal genetics and breeding
The chairmen of the round table : L. Ernst, G. Brem (Germany), P. Prokhorenko
- Genetic resources of cattle.
P. Prokhorenko – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Genetics and Breeding of Agricultural Animals.
- Genetic development of broilers in the XXI century.
J.McAdam – Associate Director of Ross Breeders Ltd. (U.K.).
- M. Zubets – President of Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences (Ukraine).
- Genetic resources of horses.
V. Kalashnikov – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Horse Breeding.
- Contemporary animal breeding in the Netherlands : theory and practice.
J.H. Metz – the dean of Wageningen University of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences.
- Genetic ressources of fish.
A. Bagrov – director of All Russian Research Institute of Pond Fish Husbandry.
- J. Bulla – dean of Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Industry, Slovak University of Agriculture (Slovakia).
- Genome analysis and gene-diagnostics in evaluation of genetic resources and breeding of agricultural animals.
N. Zinovyeva – head of Laboratory of Biotechnology, All-Russian Research Institute of Animal Breeding.
Round table “Genetic resources and biotechnology in microbiology and food industry”
The chairmen of the round table : E. Sizenko, A. Legocki (Poland), I. Tikhonovich
- Some peculiarities in biotechnological improvement for food products of the new generation.
V. Kharitonov – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Milk Industry.
- G. Mencinicopschi – director of the Institute of Food Research (Rumania).
- Scientific-technical support of enzyme compounds biotechnology for processing industry of agricultural industrial complex.
V. Polyakov – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Food Biotechnology.
- G. Eresco – director of Technological Institute of Milk and Meat (Ukrain).
- Current situation and prospects for the development of biotechnology in food additives production.
T. Nikiforova – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Food Aromatizers, Acids and Colors.
- Science and technology in wine-making.
G. Epin – president and director general of “OENEO” (France).
- Promising biotechnological complexes in meat industry.
A. Lisitsin – director of Gorbatov All-Russian Research Institute of Meat Industry.
- Regulation of biotechnological processes in the production of sparkling wine and champagne.
B. Reitblat – director of RTA Technical Assistance GmbH (Germany).
- Contemporary aspects of increasing food and biological value of drinks.
L. Oganesyants – director of All-Russian Research Institute of Brewing, Nonalcoholic and Wine-making Industries.